3. What is Off page SEO
4. How to do On page SEO optimization?
5. What SEO Tools should we use for better optimization?
The SEO tools, we should use are Google analytic, keyword search, Alexa, open site explorer, Google Webmaster.
6. What is the use of Backlinks?
Backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts. Backlinks are also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.
7. What are Out bound Links?
The outbound links are our website links, which are on others website or blog.
8. What is Googlebot?
Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot. Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.
You can crawl website pages or its other links in the search with Webmaster Tool.
9. What is Webmaster Tools or Google Search Console? How does it works?
Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) is a no-charge web service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
Read complete tutorials
10. What is the difference between Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console?
Google webmaster tools has been renamed as Search console. So both are same.
11. What is Cross linking and its functions?
Cross linking refers to the process of linking between two sites. Whether or not they are owned by the same person, cross linking is the process on which the internet is built. It allows users to reference sites with content similar to that which they are already viewing, and may be of further interest to them.
12. What is the main purpose of using keyword in SEO?
Keywords plays the most important part in SEO. And chosing a right keyword it the utmost thing to do. These selected keywords or phrases are used by the search engines to populate the subjects over the internet. Search engine stores keywords in the database, and when search is done, it will come up with the best possible match.
13. What are Spiders, Robots and Crawlers and what are their functions?
Spiders, robot and crawler, they are all same and referred by different names. It is a software program that follows, or “Crawls” different links throughout the internet, and then grabs the content from the sites and adds to the search engine indexes.
14. What does it means, if nothing comes in search after putting domain name or keyword?
May be the site is banned by search engines
May be it is not indexed
Or there is some canonical issues
15. What is keyword stemming?
Keyword Stemming is the process of using a popular keyword and modifying it in order to generate more hits from search engines.
16. What is the use of Heading tags H1-H6 in SEO?
These tags are also known to webmasters as HTML header tags, head tags, heading tags and SEO header tags. The most important heading tag is the h1 tag and least important is the h6 tag. In HTML coding the header tags from h1 to h6 form a hierarchy. This means that if you skip any of the tag numbers (ie. jump from 1 to 3) the heading structure will be broken, and this is not ideal for on-page SEO.
17. Name some SEO blogs that you frequently read to get updated?
Search Engine Journal
18. Which is the latest Goolge Algorithm SEO update?
There are lots of SEO updates coming frequently.
19. What is cloaking?
A website that uses cloaking recognizes search engine spiders by their IP address. It returns web pages to search engine spiders that are different from the web pages that web surfers see. Usually, the cloaking software creates hundreds of web pages that are optimized for a special search term so that search engine spiders get the impression that the website contains a lot of relevant information about a special topic.
If you often search on Google then you probably can confirm that you can get good results with cloaking. You can often find web pages on Google that have little to do with the description on the result page.
20. Most important meta tags to use in on page optimization?
21. What is Sandbox?
The Google Sandbox is an alleged filter placed on new websites. The result is that a site does not receive good rankings for its most important keywords and keyword phrases. Even with good content, abundant incoming links and strong Google PageRank, a site is still adversely affected by the Sandbox effect. The Sandbox acts to discourage spam sites from rising quickly, getting banned, and repeating the process.
22. What is Pagerank and it importance?
PageRank is use to determine the importance of a web page. It's one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in search results.
It is very important to have maximum pagerank for better optimization. Pagerank score between 0 to 10
23. How to improve Pagerank of a site?
24. What is Black Hat SEO?
25. What is White Hat SEO?
26. White Hat vs Black Hat SEO?
27. What is the difference between PR (page rank) and SERP (Search engine result page)?
Page rank is calculated on the basis of quality inbound links from other website or webpages to our webpage or a website.
SERP (Search Engine Result page) is the placement of the website or web-pages which is returned by the search engine after a search query or attribute.
28. Can you differentiate between ‘nofollow’ and ‘dofollow’ link?
Nofollow links are not passed by search engines bot and therefore cannot be cached or indexed. Dofollow link is a kind of hyperlink and it passes through all search engines and it puts an impact over page rank.
29. Why the Title Tag is more valuable?
Title tags are very essential in SEO, it tells about the contents on that web page. Through title tags only the search engine will get to know about, what is written or posted on that particular site.
30. Can you mention the difference between SEO and SEM?
SEM (Search Engine Marketing), it is used for the promotion of website through Search Engine Result Page (SERP) , while to optimize the search result of your webpage or website SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is used.
31. What do you know about LSI?
LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing. This technique is established to obtain the data by relating the word to its closest counterparts or to its similar context. For example, if you are searching something with a keyword “MOBILE” it will show all the related sites like latest mobile, cheapest mobile, buy mobile, sell mobile etc.
32. What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a tool which provides in depth details of visitors who are coming on our site.
33. What is the meaning of competitive analysis?
Competitive analysis does the comparison, between the website I am optimizing, and the website that is ranked highly in search results.
34. What is keyword density and its formula?
From SEO point of view, keyword density will definitely help to stand out your content from others. The formula to know the keyword density is ( Total number of keyword/ total number of words in your article) multiply by 100.
35. What is robots.txt?
A robots.txt file indicates the crawlers which page of the site should be crawled and which should not be.
36. How to Remove Deleted Page of Your Website from Google Search Results?
37. How to remove unwanted spam backlinks of website or blog using Disavow link tool?
38. What is Sitemap?
A sitemap informs search engines that individual pages on your site are new or updated and are available for crawling. The sitemap protocol consists of an XML file that includes your website URLs.
39. How often we should update sitemap?
We should update the XML sitemap anytime you add a new page, and then go to Google Search Console and re-submit that sitemap, so that Google quickly identifies you as the originator of that content.
40. Can we put Sitemap.xml and Sitemap.html both on same website?
41. How to re-submit sitemap in Google Search Console?
42. Who is Matt Cutts?
Matt Cutts is the head of Google's web spam team.
43. How to Implement WWW Resolve?
The WWW Resolve is a redirection command in the server's configuration file to either force "www." before the domain name or remove it. When you navigate to a website such as http://www.example.com, you might type that URL or you might type http://example.com.
44. What are the method to content optimization?
Keyword density in content
45. What is Anchor Text?
Text with hyperlink called as Anchor text.
Example: This is Anchor Text
46. What are organic results?
Organic results are the page views which come directly in Search.
47. What is ALT tag?
An alt tag is a text alternative for an image or object on your page. The alt tag will be read by screenreaders and other site readers as an alternative to the image itself.
48. How to Optimize Images for Better Search Engine Results?
49. What is a Google “Penalty”?
The negative impact on a website's search rankings based on updates to Google's search algorithms or manual review is called a Google Penalty. It can be an unfortunate by-product of an algorithm update or an intentional penalization for various black-hat SEO techniques. Engaging into practices which go against webmaster guideline can get you a penalty.
50. How to Implement the Rel=”Publisher” Tag? Is it mandatory to put rel tag?
Rel=publisher tag is one such part of the knowledge graph for business websites and top brands. The tag resides in the <head> element of your website. It was provided by Google, to link your website on search to its social media brand page.
For a brand search the rel=publisher tag pulls out a knowledge graph on the right in the form of the brand’s Google+ page summary
51. Effective SEO Techniques to Increases Web Traffic
52. How to Avoid Getting Banned in SEO from Google?
53. Is it necessary to make your website mobile optimized?
Yes, as per the latest update "Mobigeddon". It is the most important thing to do.
54. Is there a limit to robots.txt file?
es, googlebot reads the first 500 KB present in the robots.txt file
55. Does new web technologies like XHTML, CSS, Flash, and XML improves the SEO performance?
Yes, CSS has made it possible to transform table-based layouts into CSS-based layouts. Typically this reduces page size by 25 to 50%. The ratio of content to markup improves dramatically